Top 5 Online Scams
September 2, 2022
Digital thieves are lying in wait to scam money from you. They send you an email with a plea for help or a promise to earn a lot of money if you pay some simple fees. Beat them at their own game by understanding their top scams.
- These scams sometimes play on your emotions and your desire to help people who are less fortunate.
- Fraudsters will send you an email from what seems like a legitimate business, ask for personal information and then use it to steal from you.
- Sometimes they say you need to pay more taxes.
- Sometimes they pretend to be a kidnapper, saying you need to send money to keep everyone safe.
- They may even promise you a high-limit, preapproved credit card if you pay processing fees.
Use caution with these types of emails. If an offer seems too good or bad to be true, it probably is.